11 Tips To Avoid Paying Gym Fees
I need to shift some weight but I hate the thought of going to the gym…
Here are my 11 tips to avoid paying gym fees…
Let’s face it, the gym is not cheap – I hate the thought of paying gym fee’s too because I have all good intentions the first few weeks then I get bored and demotivated and I’m left paying for something I’m not using.
So this year I have decided to avoid the gym and do free activities that’ll help me keep fit (or get fit in my case)
- Hula Hoop – Did you know that if you hula hoop for 30 minutes you will burn 216 calories?
- Instead of playing on your mobile phone or skipping the advert, why not do quick bursts of exercise during the ad breaks? A typical 1 hour long show has 18 minutes of as breaks – this is the perfect opportunity to burn a few calories
- Do some gardening – gardening is a great way to strengthen and tone your major muscle groups, like your abs, back and glutes. You can burn 184 calories in just 30 minutes!
- Dance! Wether you dance while you do the housework, dance while you make the tea or even dance with the kids and get them involved – dancing for 30 minutes with burn 279 calories!
- You can burn up to 153 by doing 30 minutes of housework – this is probably the only good side to housework I have ever come across.
- Running up and down the stairs can burn up to 422 calories in 30 minutes – However, I suggest you are very careful when doing this.
- Ride your bike to work rather than take the car or bus. You can burn 297 calories for every 30 minutes of your bike, so once it’s a nice day why not get on your bike and see how many calories you can burn?
- Everybody’s favourite – Have more sex. You can burn 150 calories in a 30 minute ‘session’. Now only that, it lowers your blood pressure and keeps testosterone and estrogen levels balanced to help lower your risk of a heart attack.
- Head to the park with the kids and set up an obstacle course for you all to do. Or simply have a game of basketball or football with them in local courts
- Buy a home exercise DVD. Check out the ones with the best reviews so you know you are investing wisely and give it a go at home.
- Go for walks. There is nothing my family and I love more than wrapping up warm and going for a walk along the sea front. It does usually involve an ice cream though so I think we will have to cut that out to make the walk a little more healthy.
Some of the best fitness bargains around at the moment…
- Very do a great range of sports and fitness equipment and the best part is you can spread the repayments over three month without having to pay interest. Make sure you pay it off within those 3 month though or you will be charged interest after then.
- Argos have a clearance event on some of their fitness equipment and prices are starting from £4.49, perfect for anyone looking for some tools to help them with their fitness regime.
- Amazon do gym and fitness equipment at great prices. Amazon are always the first retailer to check when looking for bargains online so this link is handy to have.