All you need to know about Personal Independence Payments.

Are you due a Personal Independence Payment?

If you become ill over a long period of time, did you know that you have the right to claim Personal Independence Payment? You could get between £21.80 – £139.75 a week to help with your cost of living.

If you have a long-term health condition or a disability and are aged 16-64 then the amount you’re getting will be regularly assessed.

Who can claim Personal Independence Payments?

This benefit is offered to those who are at a working age, i.e between 16 and 64.

In order to get this benefit you will have to attend an assessment to prove that your health issue is a long term condition. For example, you will have to have suffered from it for at least three months and you would have to prove that you will be likely to suffer for a further 9 months.

You will also need to prove that your condition affects your ability to work and earn your living.

Have you used my easy comparison yet?
Latest Credit Cards Virgin 0% Balance transfer for 38 months Santander Cashback 0% Balance Transfer 23 Months
Best Personal Loans £10,000 from 3.4% APR 5Yr - Monthly £181.24 Loan Calculator
Latest Bank Account Offers First Direct £125 incentive to Switch Account Savings 2.5% 5 Year fixed minimum £1000
You may also like my: Car Insurance Comparison

You may get the daily living component if you need help with things like:

  • preparing or eating food
  • washing, bathing and using the toilet
  • dressing and undressing
  • reading and communicating
  • managing your medicines or treatments
  • making decisions about money
  • engaging with other people

How to claim a Personal Independence Payment?

There is no way of receiving Personal Independence Payments without an assessment unless you are terminally ill. You will be assessed by a health professional who will report back to Government. The Government will then decide how much you are entitled to.

To begin the process you will need to free call the DWP on 08009172222.

You will need to have this information ready:

  • contact details and date of birth
  • National Insurance number
  • bank or building society details
  • doctor’s or health worker’s name
  • details of any time you’ve spent abroad, or in a care home or hospital

You’ll be sent a ‘How your condition affects you’ form. It comes with notes to help you fill it in. Return the form to DWP – the address is on the form.

Read full information over on the Governments website.

You may also like
Share this article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.