You’ve probably all heard of Black Friday but what is it all about?
Black Friday originally started in America and fell on the day after Thanksgiving. Over the last few years Black Friday has travelled over the Atlantic and is now becoming a well known shopping event in the UK.
On Black Friday retailers offer shoppers huge discounts both instore and online aiming to cash in on the pre Christmas spending spree. Over recent years you might have seen news reports of chaos as shoppers queue for hours and fight over reduced televisions, bargain toaster and other crazy bargains.
Many retailers choose to start their Black Friday promotions early with some starting the Monday before (24th November 2014) Amazon normally offer a weeks worth of Lightning Deals building up to a HUGE offer on Black Friday itself.
So where will you find Black Friday offers?
Not all retailers have released their 2014 Black Friday promotions yet but we have pulled together a rough guide based on what happened during Black Friday 2013. We’ll update this post as and when we get new information…
- Amazon – as mentioned above, in the run up to Black Friday Amazon promise to run 1000s of Lightning Deals. Last year Amazon offered a different Lightning Deal every 15 minutes! Sign up to the deals newsletter to be kept informed of upcoming Lightning deals.
- Argos – although we don’t know what will be included, Argos are promising a huge stock sale. You can visit their Black Friday countdown page where you’ll be able to find further information once the offers have gone live.
- BHS – we have no information for BHS Black Friday 2014 but in 2013 they put on a 30% off spectacular in the lead up.
- B&M Bargains – this Black Friday you will be able to get 10% off everything (in store only) This is the same promotion as last year and it went down a treat!
- Currys – on Friday 28th November 2014 Currys are offering amazing deals both online and in store. You can keep up to date on Black Friday offers here.
- Debenhams – last year Debenhams put on the ‘big gift event’ with an extra 10% off code which went live in the week leading up to Black Friday. We are still awaiting information for 2014.
- Dorothy Perkins – in 2013 Dororthy Perkins offered an additional 15% off code on top of their existing 30% off offer. We are still awaiting information for 2014.
- John Lewis – as well as committing to ‘never knowingly be undersold’ John Lewis are promising great value offers on hundreds of electrical products. Keep up to date on their Black Friday offers here.
- Ebay – no info for Ebay’s Black Friday offering as yet. In 2013 we saw up to 60% off big brands which went live at 8am on the morning of Black Friday.
- Tesco – although nothing has been confirmed yet the Tesco Black Friday 2014 landing page is suggesting up to 50% off deals. Check it out here.
- The Book Depository – in 2013 The Book Depository had a 50 books, 50 offers promotion. 1 book on offer every 30 minutes over 25 hours! No information regarding Black Friday 2014 as yet – visit The Book Depository site to keep up to date.
More information to be added as and when it becomes available.