Did you get an EE power bar charger?
They are the ‘free’ one’s you could claim if you are with the EE network…
Katy, a medical student suffered burns to her hands after she woke up to find her EE power bar had exploded and her bedroom floor had caught fire!
The EE power bar was charging in her laptop when the incident happened.
EE are now investigating as a matter of urgency.
Katy said ”The yellow wire was still on my desk, but I looked down and there were flames underneath my bed, so I grabbed my bed and lifted it up. I was screaming for my mum to come through at this point and trying to get the flames out with my hands. I panicked because there was actual flames as opposed to embers. I was terrified because I thought it was going to either burn through the floor or catch fire onto the bed. My mum grabbed a wet towel and put the flames out but there was still bits of power bar behind my bed when we checked it the next day. My hands smelt of firework, my clothes smelt of firework, my hair smelt of firework. My pillow has black soot on it, so it obviously went past my pillow and missed my head by about six inches. It could have landed on my bed and I might not even be here.”
EE power bars are given out free to EE, Orange and T-Mobile customers and are a way to charge your mobile phone when you are out and about.
So, be careful when charging your power bar and don’t leave it to charge over night.
CLICK HERE for more information on this.