I feel this fire warning over burning oils is important
I have seen a lot of people sharing this lately
We all love Yankee Candles but we don’t love the price tag that comes with them – I know most people wait until they find them on sale before they buy.
However, someone posted a photo onto Facebook of a ‘great’ alternative to burning a yankee candle on a burner… It has caused a huge fire risk around the world since it has happened. I have seen a number of different fire incidents after people have tried to copy the alternative.
Someone decided it would be a good idea to burn Lenor Unstoppables on an oil burner as it gives of an amazing fragrance and lasts for ages. However, because fabric softener isn’t to be heated up, it sets alight and causes a fire.
First Point Fire & Safety Ltd have released this warning…
”Warning to all the home scent lovers that burn scented oils and candles. Following a you tube/Facebook craze of burning fabric softener/flakes/balls in an aromatherapy or oil burner, a woman triggered a blaze this week in Yardley. She dialled 999 but fortunately, she managed to extinguish the fire before fire crew arrived. It is concerning that the next person to attempt burning fabric softer balls/flakes, as in the video, may not be so lucky! Clearly, this product is not intended to be burnt.
Always use candles, oils and fragrances that are recommended and NEVER leave burners or candles unattended. Make sure that you put out naked flames especially when leaving the house or going to bed, double checking that the flame has completely gone out. Ideally a spoon or another non-flammable object should to used to put the flame out, as the traditional method of blowing on them can cause sparks to fly and catch fire.”