Uniform Tax Rebate

Are you entitled to a Uniform Tax Rebate?

Find out now…

If you’re required to wear a uniform for work and you have to wash it, replace or repair it then you could be entitled to a tax rebate.

Hundreds of occupations could see a partial tax rebate including Nurses, Builders, Police officers, Motor Mechanics, Fire Fighters and many many more.

2 in 3 workers who must wear uniforms for work could be entitled to a partial tax refund but you must fit into a certain criteria.
If you fit into this criteria then it is likely you will qualify…

  • If you wear a recognisable uniform that shows you’ve got a certain job for example a T-shirt or jumper that has your company logo on,  a dedicated uniform such as nurse, fire fighter etc. You may still be able to claim a particle refund if your uniform is just plain clothing that your company say your must wear such as a waiter/waitress.
  • Your employer requires you to wear the uniform or clothing whilst at work.
  • If you’re responsible for the cleaning and upkeep on the uniform.
  • You paid income tax in the year you want to claim the refund for.

How much can you claim?

The amount depends on how many year you want to claim for and the type of job you have. I have heard from people who were able to claim back £40 while others claimed nearly £400 so it is well worth applying even if you don’t think you will get much back.

How can I claim?

There are many companies out there who will claim on your behalf but they will take a cut so try not to use these companies.

It is very easy to claim yourself online or via post.

Simply fill in the P87 form and submit it online or you can print it off and post it.

Get the P87 form here…



You may also like
Share this article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.