Important: Alcohol recall
Some bottles of alcohol have been recalled as they could contain traces of glass…
Some of you ask why I post recalls on my website rather than my Facebook page, there are a few reasons…
- If someone hears about a recall, you automatically head to google and search for information on that particular recall. If I only posted about it on my Facebook page then that person on Google may not see the information.
- Facebook only delivers our posts to a very small percentage of our followers so not everyone will see the post. This is why we will post the recall post a few times at different times of the day to ensure no one misses out.
- The recall information is easier to find on my website if you wish to come back to it for more information at a later date rather than having to scroll through all my Facebook posts
- The shorter the Facebook posts are, the more likely they will reach people – it’s a crazy Facebook algorithm, which means we wouldn’t be able to provide full information.
The Glen Turner products on sale at both supermarkets are being recalled as a precautionary measure and anyone who has bought the affected products are entitled to a full refund, with or without a receipt.
The bottles of rum affected in Asda are;
- 70 cl Asda Carta Blanca Superior White Rum with batch codes L525756 and L528656
- 70cl Asda refined Dark Navy Rum with batch codes L525856 and L531556
- 70cl Liberty Ship Superior Dark Rum with batch codes L531556 and L525856
- 70cl Liberty Ship Superior White Rum with batch codes L528656, L601156 and L525756.
The recalled Aldi bottles are;
- 70cl Aldi’s Old Hopking Dark Rum with batch codes L528656, L531456, L531556 and L525856
- 70cl Aldi Old Hopking White Rum with batch codes L531456, L525856, L525756 and L528656.
No other batch codes or products are known to be affected.