How quickly has this half term gone?!
Here are some ideas for keeping the kids busy during half term – Lets try and get to Wednesday without hearing ‘I’m bored’…
It can sometimes be hard to keep the kids entertained over the half term holidays, especially if it’s true that we’ll be getting a cold snap next week! So I’ve put together my top 10 hints, tips, ideas and bargains designed to keep you and the kids busy this half term.
- Get creative and let the kids make models and masterpieces. Hobbycraft has an amazing selection of crafts with many items on a half price offer.
- Download these FREE Disney printable stickers and have fun cutting and sticking.
- Nothing beats a rainy day like curling up on the sofa with popcorn and a DVD.
- Go out and play, whether it be at the beach, the park or the garden! Just get some fresh air. Why not take a bucket and see what treasure you can find; shells from the beach, leaves from the park, flowers from the garden. Don’t forget to paint them & display proudly!
- Get wrapped up warm and head on out to your local farm. They usually have lots of fun activities on for children during the school holidays.
- Bake, bake, bake then eat, eat, eat! Kids love baking and let’s face it, cake tastes good! These handy make your own cupcake kits are so easy to use. My kids love to decorate their own biscuits – you simply need rich tea biscuits, icing sugar and sweets to decorate.
- Whilst on the baking theme, last time my kids were off school they wanted to play ‘The Great British Bake Off’ (My husband and I are fans and the kids like to watch it too) So I set them a challenge of making ‘the ultimate cake’ – we baked cupcakes and the one that was decorated the best got a prize… All 3 of them were fantastic so they all got a prize 🙂
- As much as we all dread heading out to a soft play area they do have their uses. It’s dry, usually warm, you can buy a cup of tea and the kids get to burn off all of that energy!
- Join the National Trust and visit a new attraction every day!
Don’t forget to have fun and enjoy x