There have been even more hoverboard recalls these past few days
The advice is to stop using them immediately.
Hoverboards sold by major retailers such as Argos, Tesco and John Lewis have been recalled due to safety concerns.
Hoverboards have been a very popular Christmas present this year, and I have countless friends sharing videos of themselves or their family on one but there are fears the hoverboards are unsafe with there is a risk of fire and explosion due to poor design and construction.
Anyone who have bought one of the recalled hoverboards are urged to stop using it immediately and return it to the retailer.
The following hoverboards are recalled…
- John Lewis: Selfy Stick Air Runner (white & black) 893 91901 & 893 91902
- Menkind and Red5: Flywheels in black, white and red. Codes 51974, 51976,and 51977 and SmartGlider in “cool white”, “Dazzling red” and “jet black” Codes: 51979, 51980, 51978
- Argos: Nevaboard – catalogue code: 455/7669
- Tesco: iCandy airboard glider – all models
The following helplines will be able to help you with any concerns…
- Tesco – icandy helpline: 01543 495 243
- Argos: 0345 600 5388
- Red5: 0333 577 7334
- Menkind: 0344 567 0710
- John Lewis: 03456 049 049