Number of Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda tumble dryers recalled.
**** UPDATE 20/5/26****
Which? have been doing some research including undercover research. Call handlers have admitted to one customer that they are just being passed around.
Which? are now calling on the government to get involved because 1 in 6 homes have one of these tumble dryers.
I will keep you updated on any further information I get through.
It could take Whirlpool more than three-and-a-half years to service and modify all of its fire-risk vented and condenser tumble dryers, new Which? research can reveal.
Whirlpool still have over 4 million machines to fix across the UK
Since the warning was first announced there have been a number of fires, including a fire started by a machine which had just been ‘repaired’.
I have heard from a few of you guys saying that you bought your tumble dryer on your credit card and have been able to claim a refund from your credit card company. Give it a try if you paid on a credit card.
Do you have a Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda tumble dryer in your home that was made between April 2004 and September 2015? If so then they could pose a serious fire risk.
ITV reports: ‘The company said it had identified a potential concern with two types of tumble dryers – the large air vented dryer and the condensing dryer – sold under the brand names of Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda between April 2004 and September 2015.’
It said in some rare cases, excess fluff can come into contact with the heating element in the tumble dryer and present a risk of fire.
The affected brands are:
How can I find out if my model is affected:
- Customers can check online whether their model is affected at http://safety.hotpoint.eu or http://safety.indesit.eu
- Customers can also call 0800 151 0905
What owners of these tumble dryers should do:
- Check whether their model is affected at http://safety.hotpoint.eu or http://safety.indesit.eu
- Contact Indesit on 0800 151 0905 if they have any concerns and have not yet been contacted about their tumble dryer
- Not leave the appliance unattended during operation.
- Check the lint filter after every cycle.
- Ensure proper venting as directed in the original operating manual.