KFC have been known over the years for their quirky adverts and out-there marketing strategies, but the fast food chain have really outdone themselves with their latest creation!
You may remember the brands chicken corsage which was released for prom season, or their spoof cauliflower ‘clean eating’ burger advert, which both got huge reactions from the public, but their latest creation may be the most bazaar yet.
The brands gravy is famous for being ‘finger lickin’ good’ and so tasty you could drink it, so KFC thought why not?
If you love cocktails and love the delicious taste of KFC, you’ll love their new gravy infused cocktails!
Yep, you heard that right! KFC have created a range of alcoholic cocktails infused with gravy after following a ‘stocktails’ trend of mixing broth and alcohol together.
The small range of cocktails made by the chain have been aptly named; The Gravy Mary, The Finger Lickin’ Sour, and The Southern Twist.
The brand has worked with expert mixologists to find ingredients that will compliment their famous gravy taste to make 3, erm…tasty drinks.
KFC have released their recipe’s, so if you can’t get enough of their delicious gravy taste, these ‘finger lickin’ cocktails can be made from home with a pot of the famous side.
The Gravy Mary
- 50ml Vodka
- 20ml KFC Gravy
- Spice Mix: 20ml Worcester sauce, 3 drops Tabasco, 3 grinds white pepper, pinch of celery salt, pinch of paprika, half teaspoon horseradish cream
- 15ml Fresh lemon juice
- 90ml Tomato juice
- To garnish: Celery and Popcorn Chicken
- Without Vodka (same as above but with 140ml Tomato juice)
- Pour Tabasco sauce, Worcester sauce, white pepper, celery salt, paprika and horseradish cream in to a tall glass, cover over, and shake.
- Then, add your vodka, pour in the lemon juice and tomato juice, recover and mix them up again.
- Add your KFC gravy, stir together.
- Serve with celery and Popcorn Chicken.
The Finger Lickin’ Sour
- 100ml KFC Gravy
- 400ml Mezcal
- 15ml Cherry Liqueur
- 25ml Fresh lemon juice
- 10ml Orange marmelade
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 Egg white
- To garnish: Thyme sprig
Pour the mezcal and gravy in to a tall glass, cover and shake.
Place the glass in the freezer and freeze for 3 hours.
Then, once frozen, pour through a strainer and clean cloth in to a new glass.
Squeeze the lemon in, add the marmalade, salt, pepper and egg white, then shake.
Pour the mix in to a Martini glass and sprinkle with thyme.
- 50ml Kentucky Bourbon
- 60ml of fresh, hot KFC Gravy
- 2 Grinds black pepper
- 2 Teaspoons granulated brown sugar
- 4 Teaspoons dried parsley
- To garnish: Parsley and brown sugar
To create your parsley and brown sugar rim:
- Chop the parsley and mix with the brown sugar in a bowl.
- Cut the lemon and coat the rim of the glass with it.
- Dip the rim of the glass into the chopped parsley and brown sugar mixture.
To create the cocktail:
- Add ice cubes and your Kentucky Bourbon to your glass.
- Pour your KFC Gravy in to the glass and mix!
So, do you think you’ll be trying one of these quirky cocktails at home?