I know there are a lot of parents on my Facebook page and website so I wanted to share with you this phone case warning
If your child has one of these, get rid of it!
A 9 year old girl has been scarred for life because of her toxic phone case that she bought from a New Look store for £5.99
The youngster fell asleep on her phone and the liquid leaked from the phone case and left her with a chemical burn on her leg.
The story made the news after her mother shared the photo on her Facebook page and it got 13,000 shares – It is pretty scary and it is a warning what could happen if the case is against your skin for too long.
Her mother told The Sun ”Olivia is not supposed to have her phone in her bedroom at night but she sneaked it in and had it in her bed, so she fell asleep with it touching her leg. She woke up in the middle of the night and came into my room and said her leg was hurting – I just thought she was being silly and sent her back to bed. Then in the morning I saw this awful burn on her leg – I was so shocked a phone case could do that. Doctors have said it is a severe chemical burn and she will be scarred for life. I can’t believe it, she will have a scar in the shape of a phone on her leg.”
Olivia’s mother claims she has rung New Look’s customer service department three times over the incident but so far has received no response.
But the high street fashion retailer has confirmed in a statement that the phone case is being removed from sale in all stores.
A spokesman for New Look said: “New Look has spoken with the customer involved and takes complaints of this nature extremely seriously. In line with our health and safety procedure, we have now instructed all stores to remove the product in question from the shop floor with immediate effect. Our quality team have also begun an investigation with the supplier to understand and prevent this from happening in the future.”