How to protect your pets in the summer
It can be difficult to keep you pets cool in the hot weather but I have some tips to help you…
You may have seen some of these tips on ITV’s This Morning along with where to buy the products and how much they are. As I hate paying full price, I have tracked down the same items but at a cheaper price!
- Keep your pets fur trimmed down to avoid excess heat. Whether you choose to get this done professionally or do it yourself.
- Try and take your pets for a walk earlier or later in the day when it is cooler, too hot and your pet may burn their paws on the ground.
- Always make sure pets are out of direct sunlight including goldfish, rabbits etc.
- A cooling mat for your pet to rest on is a great way to help cool them down. No electricity needed, the cooling is activated with pressure once your dog is on the mat.
- A pet paddling pool is another great way for your pet to cool down in the summer. The material on the paddling pool is much tougher than your average paddling pool which means it can’t be ripped or torn easily.
- A pet water fountain is a great way to encourage your pet to drink more during the hot weather which will keep them hydrated.
- How about a cool coat for your pet? These coats are activated by water and are fantastic to wear during walks to keep your dog cool.
- This pet water bottle is fantastic for use on the go. You simply fill the bottle and close the travel bowl around it. This is an easier solution than carrying around a bottle of water and a drinking bowl.
Do you have any tips you could add?
Let me know in the comments or over on my Facebook page.