Ryanair issue warning
If you are off on your holidays this week and are flying with Ryanair then you might want to read this notice that they have recently published.
The airline has warned passengers that their website and app will be offline for five hours this week whilst they update their systems.
This means that you will not be able to check in online and no new flights will be available for purchase.
Both the website and the app will be offline for five hours.
The notice on the company website reads:
11 – 12 Aug: Website Closure – Important Customer InformationThe Ryanair website and app will be closed for 5 hours from 21:00hrs (BST) on Tuesday 11th August to 02:00hrs (BST) on Wednesday 12th August 2015 for a systems upgrade. Ryanair strongly recommends that customers travelling on Tuesday 11th & Wednesday 12th of August 2015, ensure that they have checked in online and printed their boarding passes by Monday 10th of August 2015.
- Online Check-in – Not available from 21:00hrs (BST) on Tuesday 11th August 2015 until 02:00hrs (BST) on Wednesday 12th August 2015.Customers should check-in online before or after the above closure times. Online check-in is available from 30 days before up to 2 hours prior to the flight departure time (except during the closure period).
- New Bookings cannot be made on or the Ryanair mobile app between 21:00hrs (BST) on Tuesday 11th August 2015 until 02:00hrs (BST) on Wednesday 12th August 2015.
- Flight Changes (date/time/route) cannot be made between 21:00hrs (BST) on Tuesday 11th August 2015 until 02:00hrs (BST) on Wednesday 12thAugust 2015
- Review Existing Booking – This service is unavailable between 21:00hrs (BST) on Tuesday 11th August 2015 until 02:00hrs (BST) on Wednesday 12thAugust 2015
- Airport Check In /Bag Drop – The Airport Check In/Bag Drop desks open two hours prior to the scheduled departure and early check-in of baggage is highly recommended. The Bag Drop desks close strictly 40 minutes before the scheduled time of departure.All passengers travelling with checked baggage are recommended to arrive at the airport 2 hours before their scheduled flight departure time.
CLICK HERE to read about the possible EasyJet strike taking place this summer.