I have had a lot of requests about the shoebox appeal
See below for all the information…
I posted a video on the Facebook page of children receiving their shoebox filled with gifts. The children were so grateful, dancing around and were so happy.
I got a lot of messages asking how people can get involved. So I have had a look into this and have found some information on Samaritans website.
It is such a lovely thing to do, sending a box full of treats to a child who aren’t as fortunate as ourselves. I am going to be doing this with my children this year.
- Decorate an empty shoe box with wrapping paper and mark the lid with a boy or girl label (there is a label download on the link at the end of this post)
- Next, fill the box with gifts including a ‘wow’ toy such as a doll, football with pump or cuddly toy. Add other items such as toys, hygiene products and school supplies.
- Help cover the shipping cost with a £3 donation.
- Samaritans say to ‘pray’ for the child you are sending the box off to 🙂
- You can also include a note and photo of yourself in with the gift to make it extra personalised.
- The drop off for the appeal is by 18th November.