Want to know in advance the best January sales 2016?
This list is compiled on experience from what I have seen the past few year…
We love a good sale, January sales are my favourite sales as this is when the retailers sell off all their remaining Christmas stock.
Some of the best items to buy are Christmas cards, wrapping paper, Christmas decorations or even a new Christmas tree? I bought a new Christmas tree and a load of decorations 2 year ago from B&Q and it cost me the grand total of £8.99!
Also, Christmas presents or birthday presents are also great items to buy. I also do this and just put them away for family and friends throughout the year.
- Amazons sale started early, on 24th December at 4pm.
- Argos start their sale on Christmas eve
- Asos up to 50% off sale has now started
- Boohoo have an up to 50% off sale on now
- Boots. This is my favourite sale! They start with some of their Christmas stock in a Christmas pre sale. They then add all their remaining Christmas stock into the sale on boxing day, then by mid January (last year it was 14th January) they reduce all remaining stock to 70% off. Some of the items reduced are; fragrance sets, Soap and Glory Sets, No7 sets, Jack Wills sets, Christmas cards and wrap (They were reduced to 7p). This is online and in store, however it gets VERY busy in store – think Black Friday scenes, so you are better shopping the sale online.
- Buy Mobile. You can get even more free gifts with certain handset deals.
- Carphone Warehouse. Last year they had cash back deals on and reduced prices on a number of iPhone models.
- Clarks. Up to 60% off sale starts on Wednesday 23rd December.
- Currys start their sale on Boxing in store and online. Last year their was some great discounts, Nutribullets seemed to do quite well in the sale if I remember rightly.
- Debenhams have already started with some great offers, such as half price fashion, gifts, beauty and more. I expect there will be even bigger discounts on Boxing day.
- DFS had some sofas for less than £500 last year, so if you are in need of a new sofa, try and hold off until after Christmas.
- Dorothy Perkins have up to 50% off everything right now, however, from 1st January, there’ll be an extra 10% off taking the discount to 60% off.
- Early Learning Centre. There is already up to 50% off some toys.
- Ebay usually have a sale of some kind
- Evans have an up to 50% off sale on right now
- H&M usually have an up to 70% off sale on from Boxing day. However, they have an up to 50% off sale on right now.
- House of Fraser. Last year, they had flash sales every other day in the lead up to Christmas before their main sale.
- Jack Wills will have up to 50% off a huge range of items on their website and in store from Christmas eve at 11.30am
- John Lewis had up to 50% off all departments PLUS you still get the 2 year extended warranty with them.
- Lego started their sale early and on 1st December they reduced their sale items again by another 30% so it may be worth hanging on until January if they do the same this year.
- Lipsy’s sale started on Christmas eve last year.
- Matalan started their Christmas sale on Christmas eve with even bigger reductions on Boxing day.
- Missguided have an up to 50% off sale on now
- Miss Selfridge Up to 70% off online on Christmas day, sale starts instore on Boxing day.
- Mobiles.co.uk Also done some fantastic cash back deals and free gifts with certain deals.
- Morrisons Nutmeg clothing range started a huge clearance sale across a huge range of items on Christmas eve. On Boxing day, there were huge reductions in store on all remaining Christmas items such a biscuits, boxes of chocolates, cakes etc.
- Mothercare already have up to 50% off toys, however, last year, their main event started online on Christmas eve and in store on boxing day.
- New Look already have an up to 50% off sale on now and I suspect they will start their main Christmas sale in the few days leading up to Christmas.
- Next. Probably the most popular sale in the UK! The sale will be on boxing day in store and it usually starts around 5am, with people having queued for hours! You can also shop the sale online but you need to get a VIP invite and time slot. Click here to see if you’re eligable for a VIP slot and if you are you’ll be given the option to book one in. I didn’t get a slot for years until someone told me that I needed to get the directories delivered and what do you know?! As soon as I signed up to receive directories I got a slot. Worth giving it a try.
- o2 had a sale on their contract deals, PAYG deals, tablets and some accessories.
- Pandora has an up to 50% off sale starting on Boxing day.
- Primark start to reduce the price on some of their clothing on the evening of 23rd December. The main sale will start on Boxing day.
- River Island have an up to 50% off sale on now
- Sainsburys Tu clothing range have already started their sale and the discounts are fab. The main sale will start on Boxing day in store.
- SCS had a double discount event. It is well known that all the sofa shops have sales on all year round but this is a good one.
- Simply Be have an up to 50% off sale which is now live
- Soled4kids.co.uk will be starting their sale on boxing day. 30% off everything using code BOX30. This website is great for childrens shoes.
- Sports Direct had a great sale last year. They reduced a lot of items by 90% and on 1st January, for one day only, they also released a 20% off voucher code so you could save even more money!
They also have a special offer starting 27th December 6pm until 28th December 06am – Spend £50 and receive a £10 gift voucher free.
- Tesco Direct have an up to half price sale which is live now
- The Book People usually start their Christmas sale as soon as ordering in time for Christmas has ended. With up to 90% slashed from RRP’s, this sale is one of my favourites and well worth a look.
- The Fragrance Shop start their sale on Christmas eve, so if you can hold off buying any fragrance set you are wanting – you may be able to get it in their sale.
- Thorntons had a daily deal every day in December then they started an up to 60% off sale on their remaining Christmas stock in the week before Christmas – there was still time to order for Christmas too!
- Ugg Austrailer had up to 50% on some of their best selling items. From Ugg boots to scarves, you’re bound to find a bargain.
- Very started their Christmas sale at 10pm on 23rd December. There was up to 60% off huge range of products, plus free next day click and collect.
If you know of any I have missed, please let me know and I will update the post 🙂