I am often asked about the Toys R Us layaway scheme so I have answered all you questions here…
The layaway scheme has recently changed how it works so please re-read this post to understand the new T&C’s.
There are a very small number of stores which cannot offer the layaway service , or only a restricted service, due to site constraints, full details of excluded stores are available on the website.
I have taken advantage of this myself in the past, it is a great way to spread the cost for Christmas.
- Fill your trolley with the items you wish to purchase. It can be absolutely ANYTHING! Toys, games, Video games, Games consoles and even the entire Babies R Us range! Please see my note at the end of this post about Babies R Us if you want more information on baby items. It also works on top of current offers and sale items. You pay the price the item was when you put it away so if the price goes up you will still pay the lower price.
- Once you are ready to checkout ask the cashier if you can do layaway. You will be given a form to fill in with your details, you will NOT need any ID or a credit check.
- The cashier will scan all your shopping as usual and once it comes to paying you will pay 20% of the total. You now have to pay £5 to do a layaway.
- You can then choose if you want to pay over 4, 8 or 12 weeks. (If you are buying baby products on a layaway you can pay over 6 months – see below)
- You will be informed by the cashier when you need to make your next payment by and it will also be printed on your receipt. You make a payment once a month or more if you wish. If you are going to miss a payment, call the store and they will be able to advise you.
- To make payments just go in store to customer service desk with the receipt.
- Once you have paid for your order you collect the items from store 🙂
Keep your receipt safe!!
Simple as that!
So quick recap – There is a £5 admin fee to do each layaway, you don’t need a credit check, you don’t need ID, you pay 20% on the day you select your items, you pay once a month or more if you wish.
Regarding Babies R Us, you can also do a layaway with these items. Why not get all of the items you need to welcome a new baby into the world and put them on a layaway? That way you can spread the cost to help make things a little easier. With Babies R Us you can do a 6 month layaway plan so you have longer to pay.
You can also click here to see Toys R Us page about this…