Brand Willowbrook Foods is urgently recalling their bacon salads after fears that they may contain Listeria monocytogenes which can cause serious illness.
The bacon products are sold in a range of stores including Supervalu, Centra, Budgens, Nisa, Lidl, and Spar, and are being recalled after revelations that the potential Listeria included could cause people to become ill.
The symptoms that someone may experience from consuming the bacteria are thought to be similar to flu and can cause high temperatures, muscle ache, chills, sickness and diarrhoea.
People who are most vulnerable to the bacteria are those over the age of 65, pregnant women, babies, and those with weakened immune systems.
The products that are being recalled by the brand include:
- Willowbrook Fine Foods Chicken & Bacon Caesar Salad (25th April 2018, Budgens)
- Fresh For You Chicken And Bacon Caesar Salad (25th April 2018, Supervalu, Centra, Mace)
- Meadow Fresh Caesar Style Salad Bowl (25th & 26th April, Lidl)
- Deluxe Potato Salad With Bacon (28th & 29th April 2018, Lidl)
- Willowbrook Fine Foods Chicken & Bacon Caesar Salad (25th April 2018, Nisa)
- Spar Prepared Salad-Chicken & Bacon Caesar Salad (25th April 2018, Spar)
The company is urging customers to not eat the salads if they have bought them, and to return them to the store they were bought from for a full refund.